Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My first few days in Mykonos!

HEY EVERYONE!  first things first, all I can say is, WOW.

Okay day one of my travels, longest flights ever.  I was in four different countries in less than 24 hours -- talk about alien time travels.  I heard English, French, Hungarian and Greek all in one day, crazy!  Good flights got lost in Paris airport, that was a mess.   We then arrived in athens completely delirious and out of it and stayed in a nice hotel with the best beds and fluffiest pillows, was the best 14 hours of sleep  and room service I've ever had.

We woke up day 2 - had to get to the port and get on a ferry to Mykonos.  We walk to the top floor of the hotel and BOOM we forgot where we were.  The hotel in the middle of Athens, Greece 360 degree view of  the beautiful, historic city and overlooking the acropolis.  It finally hit, I was in Greece and in utter shock.  It was amazing the feelings me and Abby got.  We took some photos and it was back on the road again.  We get to our ferry and I had my first Greek salad --- MMM most delish feta ever.  We hop on our ferry trekked through the blue waters with hilly islands surround us.  Blasting music in my headphones pumping me up for the summer.  We get off the boat and our jaws drop (shocker number 1).  Like literally when you google image "Mykonos" its the exact picture you see in real life.  White cement walls, blue shutters, crystal blue waters and the Greek language chattering away.  We looked for our ride to the resort to get settled in and get acquainted.  The bus driver seems pretty unfriendly at first and then we see empty wine bottles rolling around the floor and then stops at a grocery store and comes back in the bus with 4 more bottles of wine.  yup he was fucked up, welcome to mykonos hahaha.  After we realized that he was just a nice guy wanted more of his booze.  We arrive at the resort get settled in, in our little cave room.  Lets just say we need a lot of decorations, bug spray and body spray -- oh and I pee where I shower and sleep with the mosquiters ahha.  But honestly I can't complain, I sit on the beach and in the most beautiful place on earth you have to over look the bad with the good!  We meet all our new coworkers and look around the club.  First thing as  I look out the view of the club is the (shocker number 2) nudists on the beach below me.  wow, Im really going to have to get use to things here.  I just cant take naked old men seriously when doing that like realllly!?!?  Anyways we eat dinner, settle in and go out into the town for a crazy first night out -- and oh boy it was.  We went to 2 different bars/discos and met so many fun people.  This is just the beginning of our amazing summer and so many more stories and PICTURES to come.

Day 3- we have a meeting with our boss and get ready for the party at the club tonight... can't wait!  everyone is so nice here and treating us very well.  Me and abby went into town today to get a cell to talk to our co workers.  We get dropped off in the middle of nowhere and buy our phone and essentials for our room like trash bags because you can't flush toilet paper. Now, we wait on the corner and realize no bus is going to come were nowhere near a bus stop if there are any on the island and no taxi can get us because they always have people in them heading the way we need to go.  We were doomed.  I finally just stuck my arm out to every car/scooter/moped thing that drove by.  Was it safe to hitch hike?  Maybe maybe not but I have good instinct so I went with it.  A nice young gentleman pulled over he looked perfectly harmless me and abby could take him out together if he pulled anything wierd.   Anyways guess what his named turned out to be... KOSTAS.  yep, our first kostas in Greece how amazing. Well now I'm all rested up I've been catching up on on my journal and blogging and facebook time sitting on the beach with wifi.  How perfect.  I can't wait for the rest of summer  I am going to be a new person and rejuvenated.  Anyways. Im going to kick it on the beach and have some reflection time overlooking the blue waters with nothing ahead.


"the water is bright blue, the sun is hot and the people are beautiful... Paradise Beach! "

No comments:

Post a Comment