Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Finally Up to Date!


So now that I have finally shared all of my exciting senior year and post graduation trips with you.  It’s time to hear about my present adventures.  So throughout the year, I realized that I do not want to live in America and I need to find a job in Europe because it’s just more my style.  I seriously researched for months trying to figure what I could possibly do to be there.  I had to take in consideration of all the legal, economic and language barriers first.  Here were my options.

1.     Au pair (can you say boring?)
2.     Teach English (do I really want to take more schooling?)
3.     Graduate school abroad (do I REALLY want to go back to school this soon?)

I was doomed.  But then a friend of mine from Italy saved my life and forever thanks to him introduced me to an island I have never heard of in the most beautiful country in Europe with the most insane party scene.  HOW FREAKING PERFECT!  This island is Mykonos and is located in Greece.  I did my research and was determined to get a job.  I emailed numerous clubs, restaurants and bars and got a few responses.  I decided to take a promoting and VIP waitressing job at Paradise Beach Club one of the best on the island.  I got the job and even got Abigail a job too.  My summer was set.

I purchased my one-way flight to Greece and it feels SO good.  This could possibly be the best summer adventure ever.  I cannot wait to meet new faces and see new places.  The opportunities ahead of me are infinite.

Purchasing a one-way ticket to Greece with current financial crisis has freaked out so many friends and family.  I am aware of what is going on but I also am smart and have a great sense of judgment and instinct.  The thrill is exhilarating and the fear of unknown is present.  This is just the way I live life, most people think it is crazy, I think of it as a growing experience and an inspiration to others to motivate them to do the same.  What are you waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Sounds like me 3 years ago! Except I had a return ticket and just straight up canceled it. See you on the island! Best of luck with the club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sar I can't wait to read about your adventures! You're going to have the best time :) xx

    ReplyDelete